The dawn of digitalization has introduced a new era of the marketing strategy for the companies. With the evolvement of the digital world, the means of business development has become fast and consistent. Search Engine Optimization or SEO is one of the most effective tools of Digital Marketing.
What is the meaning of SEO?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the most essential element in the process of web hosting that increases the visibility of a website or web pages. It even enhances the quality of the viewers who refer indirectly to the consumers. SEO contributes to fast, easy, and effective free or organic algorithmic search results. It defines the most functional tool to increase the ranking of a website in the Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
What are the Types of SEO?
The concept of SEO comprises of a set of guidelines and techniques which can broadly be classified into three types:
- White Hat SEO- This refers to the most functional practices employed by marketers to increase rankings in the SERP. White SEO is strictly forbidden by Google guidelines. Some of the techniques that are adopted by White SEO include the publication of quality web content, optimizing HTML, and acquisition of links.
- Black Hat SEO- This is exactly the opposite of White Hat SEO. Just like its name, it implies the practices which are against the guidelines of Google. Black SEO excavates the loopholes in Google algorithms with the aim to achieve higher ranks in SERP. These are illegitimate techniques which often mislead users by redirecting to unwanted sites. Some of the Black SEO techniques are spam links, hidden links, cloaking, and keyword stuffing.
- Grey Hat SEO- Grey Hat SEO constitute of bits and parts of White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO. It gained popularity with the increased pressure from clients to achieve higher web page ranking. It is mostly sought by third party companies.
What are the Modern SEO Forms?
According to the skill sets and technical activities, SEO is categorized into On-site SEO and Off-site SEO. The terms are self explainable that relate to the activities on the website and away from the website respectively.
- On-site SEO- These include the activities that are performed on the website responsible for organic visibility. It denotes the optimization of web content for refined user experience. Some of the relative activities comprise of keyword analysis, onsite advancement, user experience, and technical survey.
- Off-site SEO- The activities practiced outside the website to increase organic visibility is known as Off-site SEO. This is referred to as ‘link-building’ which targets to increase the number of reputable links in SERP. This process engages in marketing content, digitalized PR, and promotional outreach.
Why is SEO Important?
SEO is an extremely crucial implementation in the present day scenario to attract web traffic. It helps in maintaining the number of viewers that influence the business of any company. The significance of SEO is listed below:
- Organic search ensembles to a brand’s visibility resulting in business promotion.
- SEO enables refined user experience. Quality SEO promotes easy accessibility to the customers creating positive brand assurance.
- Good SEO helps in developing trust and credibility among the customers.
- Experienced SEO strongly influences the buying scale in a positive way.
- Local SEO is very much beneficial in lead generation, traffic flow, and business conversion.
- In the era of digitalization, it is the most convenient and affordable marketing tool.
- With the evolvement of the market, an updated SEO qualifies for intensive search experience.
- High-end SEO always helps in discovering new branding opportunities and increase traffic inflow.
Thus, it can be well concluded, that SEO forms the core of digital marketing and acts as the most successful means of brand awareness. It is the gateway to influence quality users transforming them into quantitative consumers.