Web Development has become one of the key elements in the process of branding and promotion of products and services of any company. There are a subsequent number of Web Development Companies in India that provide services like Web Development and Web Designing. The Steel City of West Bengal, Durgapur, is a hub to a large number of Web Development Companies.
WHAT DOES WEB DEVELOPMENT MEAN?
Web Development is the act of developing and hosting websites through any web browser. This includes coding and programming. A wide variant of Web Development ranges from simple text pages to complex web applications, social network applications, and business applications. It encompasses web design, web content development, client-side/ server-side scripting, and network security configuration. The idea of Web Development is often associated with Web Designing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Digital Marketing and Graphic Designing.
ROLE OF THE WEB DEVELOPERS:
The Web Development procedure is an integrated effort between the departments. Web Developers use an ever-blooming set of principals and technologies to create dynamic and synergetic websites. Web Developers can be classified into three types with respect to their specialization-
- Back-end Developers or Server-side Developers: They deal with the servers and engage in scripting using PHP, ASP, JSP, Python, Ruby or Perl.
- Full-stack Developers: They do not expertise in any particular domain but possess functional knowledge about the different layers of Web Development.
PRINCIPALS IN WEB DEVELOPMENT:
Web Development comprises of some distinctive key features that enhance the visibility and popularity of a website. To note them down:
- Detailed web content is the principal feature of any website. All business websites should contain the necessary information about the company.
- During the process of Web Development, one prime concern is user-friendliness and easy navigation.
- The web content design must be simple and professional.
- The standard loading speed of a web page is important so that the viewers do not lose their patience and leave the page.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is necessary to attract more viewers and maintain the ranking of a company in the web listing page.
- The compatibility of a website is a very prominent feature for Web Development since there are numerous Internet gadgets with various resolutions, screen sizes, and browsers.
WEB DEVELOPMENT AND SECURITY MEASURES:
Web Development takes into account several security measures to prevent malicious web practices like SQL injection. It is cardinal to undergo error checking in data entry, filtering output, and encryption before public release. Often, a stringent test of web applications is executed before hosting. The process of keeping a web server void of intrusion is known as Server Port Hardening. Several technologies have come up to keep information safe on the Internet during data transmission. To consider, TLS Certificates (or SSL Certificates) are furnished by certificate authorities to help prevent Internet fraudulence. The security patch updates are more frequent these days cause of loopholes in web security. Thus, it is the concern of the Web Developers to keep the applications up to date according to the security patches.
WEB DEVELOPMENT AND THE PRESENT SCENARIO:
The extensive use of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Enterprise Content Management Systems (ECMS) has expanded Web Development’s impact on online communication and interaction.This has led to widespread web commercialization. A large number of companies sought for user-friendly and responsive websites for their companies. It serves as a tool for social networking and digital marketing. Also, websites help in lead generation for the business development process. In the present day scenario, Web Development skills are high in demand and well paid too. This contributes to a great career option not only in India but overseas too.