Graphic Design in India
Contemporary times demand visual representation of ideas and thoughts for the sake of the proliferating developments in science and technology. With the onset of digitalization in India, Graphic Design holds a key to the expanding technological advancements. It is the fundamental key for effortless interpretation and communication.
The Concept of Graphic Design:
Graphic Design represents the use of visual content for the purpose of easy interpretation of ideas and messages. It enables optimization of user experience, thus, ensures to meet various user needs. Graphic Design in India serves a wide array of purposes ranging from educational, commercial, and even political. It acts as an emotional design that conveys the exact emotions striking the accurate chord at the very first glance. Graphic Design is the most conventional form of communication since it is accessible and legible to a wider mass.
The use of Graphics is prevalent in world history dating back to the Egyptian hieroglyphs. It was an ancient means of communication which marks the onset of visual representation of concepts. Earlier, the paintings in the cave depicted aesthetic appeal or information about the history of a ruling empire. This was probably the origin of Graphics.
Graphic Design and its Types:
Graphic Design in India constitutes the core of every form of communication medium. It is typically used in the form of visual arts, typography, composition, and layout. The significant types of Graphic Design that prevail in India can be classified as:
- Web Design– It forms the most essential element in the process of web design. Web design features the use of graphical representations to enhance user experience (UX).
- User Interface (UI) – Graphic Design largely affects the UI in a positive way.
- Corporate Design– This widely represents logo design which resembles the identity of an organization.
- Publication Design– The designing of covers of magazines, books, etc.
- Advertisement Design– This implies the designing of ad layouts for publication in any medium.
- Video Game Design- The creation of visuals used in video games. This is one of the most booming sectors of Graphic Design in India.
- Production Design– It suggests the conceptualization and delineation of visual representation used in the production of performing arts and films.
- Product Design- The designing of the packaging of any goods or product.
- Information Design- The signs and symbols used to convey messages like that used in billboards, street sign, direction, etc.
- Animation- This is the era of animation design. Graphic design in India is being taken to the next level with the evolvement of new techniques and visual elements in the field of animation.
Scope of Graphic Design in India:
With the inception of rapid digitalization, the Internet has become the prime source of exposure and marketing for companies across India. The supreme cause of this is easy accessibility and enhanced customer interaction. Thus, it can be well conceived that the scope of Graphic Design in India is pretty extensive with the growth prospects of technological advancement. The amalgamation of art and science in the form of Graphic Design has opened up a new dimension to convey information complacently. There is immense scope for graphic designers in India due to its vast diversity and increasing demands. The expansion in the fields of television, animation, video gaming, and entertainment has widened the prospects of Graphic Design. Hence, there is a huge growth in career opportunities, for all the creative souls.